Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Happy Anniversary - Thursday 19th September

Hello again Blog Friends,

A quick second post to show you the anniversary card I made for Tom on our anniversary today...he is a bit of a romantic (the Italian blood!), but I never go overboard on the romanticism in my anniversary cards, I like to also reflect the humour we share, so when I saw this stamp, I just had to buy it!



I used a pre-cut large card, which I embossed with an M-Bossability and then coloured with Victorian Velvet distress ink. The stamp is by Stampendous, coloured with Promarkers, die cut using Spellbinders Classic Rectangles and mounted on polka dot coredinations card to which I added a hint of cosmic twinkles. I used the little heart and ribbon from stash (well I saw the ribbon out and about last week and had to buy it!) and I typed the sentiment. You can probably guess it's translation from Italian, but if nor, it says 'Love Conquers All'

We have spent our anniversaries in some wonderful places over the years...from a soggy but lovely honeymoon in the Lake District to the pyramids in Egypt, visiting my family in California, his family in Venice, various places in our own beautiful Country and this year, on holiday at home, where we have a lovely day planned (I scheduled this as we left early!).

We will be dropping our hens off at the farm for their little holiday, then driving about half an hour to a lovely National Trust property called Newark Park for a nice long walk. After that to a gorgeous country pub for a late lunch...and the sunny is shining on us too as I write this at about 8am!

Hope you all are having a super day, thanks for calling back,
Carole Z 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole,
    wonderful card. I bet Tom was sooooooo pleased with it. Lovely stamp, so useful. Yes the weather is glorious today so enjoy your walk and the rest of your day. I said on my blog I'd have word with Mr Weather.lol.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, what a fun stamp! I love the colours you have used in Tom's card, the sentiment is lovely and the I love You ribbon is a lovely finishing touch. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this Carole. Like you I don't like to over-romanticise. Something like this would be perfect for our Ruby Wedding in December. I'll have to look for the stamp, or something similar. Thanks for the inspiration! Hope you enjoyed your day today. Love from Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary hope you have a fantastic day.
    Love the card, I bet he was thrilled to bits.

    Thank you for your good wishes
    John raided my "stock box" for my Anniversary card................ He said he looked at cards in the shops and none were anywhere as nice as mine so he took one and left the money in the box I have for card money.

    Happy Crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary to you both and hope you have had a wonderful day. The card is brilliant I bet Tom was thrilled to bits with it. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sweet Carole - love that little stamp. Just right! I imagine Tom loved it. I have to make my hubby a birthday card as it's his birthday on 1 October - I will spend hours trying to get it just right for him!! I want to wave a magic wand to stop me thinking too hard about it!! I need to go with the flow more - lol.

    Hugs to you Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry forgot - I hope the girls have a good holiday as well as you two!

      Sue xx

      Delete