Total Pageviews

Friday 28 September 2012

Craft class pics - Friday 28th September

Good Morning blog friends,

First of all, thank you for your comments yesterday - as always I really appreciate them! I'm sorry I didn't get around all your blogs yesterday, but by the time I got home from work it, it was almost time to go out to our class again! I will take some time later today to have a cuppa and a proper read of them all.

Class last night went really well, I thought  it would quite a hard card to tackle for anyone new to crafting or the technique and we did have a few ladies last night who were fairly new..but everyone did such fabulous work and despite some initial problems with the stamp not stamping the whole image (mainly due to the tables not perhaps being as 'weighty' as we would use at home), perseverance and determination worked and the cards were all brilliant...so well done all of you!


Unfortunately some had left before I got my camera out again to take the finished cards last night and I also have to apologise for the quality of the photos, but I don't know if I had a reaction to the embossing powder (oh goodness no!) or some just got in my eyes, but they suddenly felt very sore and I started feeling sniffy...fine now, but it did have an affect on my photography!






 Thanks again to Amy and all our ladies who come along to craft, have some fun and hopefully learn some new techniques and get ideas from each other!

Happy crafting everyone!
Carole X

5 comments:

  1. They made some really great cards Carole and obviously enjoyed what they were doing! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    wonderful cards made by your group. They all look as if they are having a wonderful time.
    I know you may already know this but a tip I have heard of, but can't remember where I heard it. I think it may have been Sue Wilson. You put your tan embossing matt under your place you want to stamp. Then your image stamps out much better. I know this would mean everyone having to take turns to stamp, but I have tried it and it works great. Especially if it's a large stamp. I hope you don't mind me suggesting this.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, they all have to share stamps anyway! Lol...at home I used a large stamping mat for tougher stamps and that's great too, I ought to take it along with me really, but yes you are right, the embossing mat does work..thanks Jenny and hugs! Carole X

      Delete
  3. It always surprises me, in a nice way (don't know why after all this time) that people can make the same card look so different. Your ladies were certainly concentrating hard on what they were doing and the results are lovely. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, sorry I'm late again. It sounds to me that your workshop is growing and rightly so. Everyone looks like they were very involved but thoroughly enjoyed making the card you prepared for them. All the cards look fab and I bet they were very pleased with their results. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete