Total Pageviews

Monday 3 September 2012

Christmas Ornament Tag - Monday 3rd September

Good Morning Friends!

I was 'missing' yesterday, but I did manage to get around most of your blogs...we have had another busy weekend finishing off the fox proofing around the new coop and trying to see what path design that we both like best! Plus we have hens with psychological problems (!) and I've tried to be a chicken whisperer (ha ha!) but so far it's not working...our two older girls are the problem..one of them is still being quite aggressive to the new girls and both of them just won't lay their eggs in the new coop! Why? Because the nest box is on the opposite side to the old one..!!! Grrrr! 

Anyway, less of life in our madhouse and back to crafts...Thank you for all your comments on Saturday's decorated bags, Linda's made me smile widely! They are fun to make and nice alternatives to the paper gift bag..and they can be recycled on and on. I have made a few more and will share them later.

I have hardly done any 'playing' again this weekend; I've been trying  to work out a fairly easy Christmas card for our next class and work on commissions. The ladies who come to our group are often the same people (though last time we had a group of new ladies) and they are of mixed experience, which is why we have been teaching inking techniques, stamping and die cutting, which have all been asked for, as quite a few already have machines such as the GC and Cuttlebug that they just haven't used!Some of them asked for a fairly simple Christmas card that they could make easily at home, so that has been the challenge.

I'm still working on the card, but we also decided that a simple card and also a tag using the cutting machines would be a good idea, it would at least give those who don't have a GC for example, the chance to play and have a base for their own designs without necessarily using dies. 




This tag was made using the Spellbinders 2010 globe ornament (which I much prefer to this year's!). I cut it twice in green card so that I could hide the ends of the ribbon hanger between two layers. I then cut the smaller size using a script paper and  the smallest size, also in the same paper. I inked the edges  with tea dye distress ink and added a poinsettia, cut from my very favourite Christmas Spellbinders die. The centre of the poinsettia is Cosmic Shimmer Olympic Gold PVA. To finish off, I added a bow and tied the smallest globe on with some twine.

It's just a prototype, but the finished tag can also be used as a decoration and even a little card if you wanted.

Well, I hope those of you who are home and crafting have a lovely day; I am off to work now, but only three days this week and we have two weeks holiday..no off to see the family in the US or Italy this time, the furthest we are going is London, but two weeks to recharge our batteries, catch up with friends and family is going to be very welcome!

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely Monday friends,
Carole X

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole,
    what a lovely a lovely tag. So like this idea, but sadly haven't got the dies. I can see a next time purchase on the horizon. lol.
    Have great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag Carole. The bauble shape is great and I agree that it is better than the 2012 one 0 not that I have either of them!!! Your poor little ladies. It does take a while to settle though, and I guess that just like humans they don't like the change in routine! Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, sorry to hear about the chickens! I do hope that they smarten up their act before you go on holiday - or at least settle down in the new coop, they don't know how lucky they are - lol.

    I love the idea of the tag for your class (I prefer that die to this year's too) there are so many people who do not have a die cutting machine and they would thoroughly enjoy making these, I think. Such a great idea and your tag is beautiful.

    Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, I like this tag very much and I think it would be great to send one like this instead of the usual Christmas card. Trouble is there are so many ideas around that it's difficult to decide but your tag has really caught my eye and I need to get going or Christmas will be here.
    Oh your poor ladies such a shame they are restless but you know what it's like when you move house nothing is in the same place and it takes a while to get used to your new surroundings, bless them!
    Hope work goes well today and it is a good one, hugs Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole - I also like this bauble, it's a lovely shape and you had a great idea with the music paper - it looks really good. I love the way you have made the Poinsettia - I think I leave mine too flat and I don't use enough layers. I like your tag - it looks funky!

    As for the girls - poor things I suppose the older two do have more to get used to. Not only do they have new coop-mates they also have a new home. Perhaps you ought to pipe some calming music through to them - or am I going orf on yet another one?? Think I might be suffering from altitude sickness here on Planet Susie!

    Try and have a good three days at work and then have a lovely time in London etc.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hens will settle down I am sure. Our hens at school went through a traumatised state when they would not lay but they came through it. Love the bauble tag too. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have these dies too , you have given me some inspiration here thank you its gorgeous Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete