Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Sunday Stampers week 221 stamped flowers - Thursday 5th September

Good Afternoon Blog Friends,

I hope you are having a lovely day - the weather here in the South West is gorgeous, hope it is with you too! Today is Sunday Stampers time again, I always look forward to creating a card or project for this challenge: Hels' blog always wakes up my mojo and makes me want to have a go with a different technique, so if possible I like to do something different with this Challenge.

 This is a pretty simple card, but I used a technique I had not tried before: last April at the Ally Pally Stamping and Scrapbooking Show, I bought a set of Pan Pastels. I've used them a few times, but not had much time to experiment and then I saw this being demo'd on TV and thought, 'oh wow, why didn't I think of that?!'.

I used a square 6x6 card blank and sponged pink pan pastels ( I seem to be in 'pink' mode this week!) all over it, making it darker at the edges, just as I would with distress ink. Then, using a versamark stamp pad, I created a border by stamping one of the stamps from the Creative Expressions Dandelion Wishes set. After stamping I sponged over the stamped images with the pan pastels and this brought out the hitherto invisible stamped image. I used the same technique with the flower stamp and the sentiment. I then stamped the flowers on patterned paper and cut them out.

The little script card candi used as the flower centres are so pretty! I bought them last weekend at our local shop 'Out of the Blue'.

So, I finished off with some bakers twine and  this is my contribution for week 221, stamped flowers!

Thanks for stopping by and also leaving comments, I really do appreciate them all X

Carole X

10 comments:

  1. Hi Carole,
    what a really lovely card, and of course you've guessed it, my fav colour pink. I love doing the resist technic my self. Your card has just reminded me to use it more.
    Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, your card is just beautiful, love the pinks and you have done an excellent job with those PPs, I can never achieve such a lovely finish. Will now try that resist technique because it looks soft, subtle and quite lush. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, a really lovely card and I saw Alley demo the technique yesterday and really liked it so something else to put on my wish list lol! You've definitely used this technique to great effect. Hope you have had a good day and enjoy your evening, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabbylicious! Love Pan Pastels, they are on my wishlist :O)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole, you entry was beautiful! Like you said, we'll try again next year!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say, what a lovely card! Liking your 'pink' phase!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab flowers Carole and a lovely card have fun in London Hugs Elain e

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carole, your card is absolutely stunning. I love the background, but the flowers just make it so pretty. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty - love those card candi centres, something else I NEED.

    ReplyDelete