Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Sunday Stampers Week 223 - Ribbons!

Good morning lovely blogger friends!

Thank you so much for dropping by and looking at my creations - and especially for leaving a comment, I do read and appreciate them all and I also love to visit your blogs too, I think we learn so much from each other, don't we?

My DT project is now up on the Fantastic Ribbons site (Kirsty had left the 'e' off my name, but I'll let her off this month!), so please hop over there and leave a comment and take a look at the other lovely DT projects as well, washi tape is really fun to use and very effective. I don't know if any of you are already following or know of Kirsty Wiseman, but take a look at her blog. She is one of the most amazingly inspirational bloggers I have come across, as well as being a brilliant crafter and fantastic photographer.

Anyway, another crafter and artist who is a continuous inspiration to me is Hels Sheridan. I am so pleased we are seeing more of her on Create and Craft because she creates absolutely brilliant projects ( and I was lucky enough to win a card!).I love trying different  ways with stamping and the kind of art and craft that Hels creates is just my cup of tea, so to speak!

So, despite being on our hols, I didn't want to miss a Sunday Stamper ....but being as I am not getting much done in the way of crafting at the moment, I have created another simple tag as my project for this week.

It's simply a parcel tag, covered with some mottled dark purple paper and inked at the edges with Aged Mahogany distress ink. Using the same paper, I stamped one of the bodices from Creative Expressions Vintage Lingerie set, using Perfect Medium and then heat embossed it in black. I then punched holes where the ties would be and used some irredescent purple wired ribbon to tie it in a criss-cross. To finish off I added the same ribbon, plus some lush velvet pearled ribbon across the bottom and for the tie.




I may have another post later today, it's our wedding anniversary, so if I get time I'll post the card I made for Tom - it's a bit of fun! There will be a scheduled post tomorrow and then we are off to London, with a day at the stamping and scrapbooking show at Ally Pally on Saturday..Yay!!!

Happy Crafting Friends!

Carole Z X

6 comments:

  1. Ooohlalalaaaa... FAB, love those lush ribbons! Thank you for your lovely kind words hun, bless ya! Happy Anniversary,hope you both have a lovely day. Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    such a lovely tag. I love what you have done to the ribbon. Do you know I still haven't made a tag. A note to self make a tag.
    Happy Anniversary to you both. Hope you have a wonderful day today.
    I wish I was going to Ally Pally this weekend. I hope you collect lots of nice memories to remember.
    Have a wonderful Anniversary day
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Varole, very Paris chic, gorgeous bodice and love how you have added the ribbons. Hope you have fun at Ally Pally and a lovely Anniversary too. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Tag. Carole and enjoy your London trip too. Happy Anniversary too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tag Carole and the ribbon used is gorgeous. A really lovely design. Have been wanting to try a tag but not got round to it yet. Envious of you going to AP but have a great time. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag Carole - love the colours.

    Just catching up with blogging so I hope you had a lovely anniversary.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete